Countries that are ALLOWED TO VISIT GREECE:
Following recent announcements by the Greek Government, entrance is allowed to passengers:
- With nationality from EU countries and members of their family
- With nationality from Schengen countries and members of their family
- Third Country nationals as per travel documentation requirements (e.g., visa) and below COVID – 19 restrictions (check section COVID-19 Test or Vaccination or Recovery)
There is currently no quarantine requirement for entering Greece.
COVID-19 Τest OR Vaccination or Recovery:
Passengers arriving to Greece from the EU & Schengen area, as well as from the thirty-five (35) non-EU countries that have joined the EU Digital Covid Certificate System (Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Benin, Cabo Verde, El Salvador, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Israel, Iceland, Jordan, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, New Zealand, North Macedonia, Norway, Panama, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Togo, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, Uruguay, The Vatican) are accepted provided that they display the EU Digital COVID-19 certificate, OR alternatively:
- To have completed the vaccination for coronavirus COVID-19 at least fourteen (14) days before scheduled arrival and to present a vaccination certificate valid up to nine (9) months following the administration of the last dose of the primary vaccination. The limitation does not apply to certificates for booster doses.
–The certificate includes the full name of the passenger, as registered in the passport, the type of vaccine given, the number of doses and inoculation dates.
- To present proof of recovery from COVID-19, supported by a molecular test (PCR) or diagnostic Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19. The EU Digital Certificate of recovery is issued fourteen (14) days after the first positive diagnosis and is valid up to one hundred eighty (180) days there on.
- To display a negative molecular test (PCR) for COVID-19, up to 72 hours or a twenty-four (24) hour diagnostic Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19 (rapid test) prior to the scheduled flight.
Passengers arriving from all other countries are permitted to enter Greece under the condition that:
- They display a negative molecular test (PCR) for covid-19, up to 72 hours before the scheduled arrival, or a twenty-four (24) hour diagnostic Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19 (rapid test) prior to the scheduled arrival.
Passengers traveling from Australia, the United States of America (USA) and Canada are permitted to enter Greece under the condition that they display either:
- A vaccination certificate valid for up to nine (9) months after completion of the basic vaccination and without time limitation for passengers who have also received the booster dose.
- A recovery certificate valid up to one hundred and eighty (180) days.
- A certificate of a negative result, by a molecular test (PCR) for COVID-19, up to 72 hours or a twenty-four (24) hour diagnostic Rapid Antigen test for COVID-19 (rapid test) prior to the scheduled flight.
The above obligations include children from the age of five (5) and above.
Passengers will be subjected to random COVID-19 diagnostic rapid tests upon arrival. Passenger may continue to their final destination. If found positive, a 5-day quarantine under supervision is required either at home or at a designated temporary residence assigned by the appropriate authorities. The quarantine period starts the next day of their positive diagnosis. Following the five (5) day period and if the symptoms have receded and the passenger is feverless for twenty-four (24) hours without the use of antipyretics, the passenger is released from quarantine. If the fever insists the passenger remains in isolation until the fever has fully receded. All above passengers are required to wear high protection breathing mask or alternately a combination of masks for at least five (5) days following their release from isolation.
Exempted from above requirements are:
- Passengers in Transit (international flights and not leaving the airport premises)
- Flight crew
All passengers entering Greece are not required to fill in the Passenger Locator Form.